Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Why the 'Special' bonding with 'Dutch'.....

The Netherlands is the beautiful country, I have seen ever. It is the part of Europe Continent. Developed country with a nature touch.

My special bonding with 'Dutch' stared from the day I travelled alone to The Netherlands...

My husband already had gone to Netherlands and after one month I had to go ... And in between, Volcano irrupted.... I was just praying to God to let me land safely in Holland.. all flights got cancelled for nearly a week...... and by my luck or bad luck, one seat got confirmed with 'Turkish Airline' for me....

But it was not a direct flight....I had to change my flight at Istanbul and take another flight to go to Netherlands... a journey of 30 hours from Pune....

The problem started right from 'Mumbai Aiport'..... first flight was delayed by half an hour.... and it reached Istanbul about an hour late.....

At 'Istanbul Aiport', hardly anyone could speak or understand English. I tried a lot to express myself by doing different actions and things but unfortunately no one understood me. I only wanted to confirm did I need to complete any formality at that Airport... But I did not get the right answer quickly..Finally at one Help Desk, one guy tried to tell me no other formalities are required and directed me to the waiting area in his language... I understood by his expression only...

Finally when I settled down at waiting area and started continuously following the Display board for my next flight updates, I heard the someone next to me was talking in English ???? An old lady with a beautiful 'blue' eyes, fair complexion and kindness on her face :) For a moment, I stared at her..... and unknowingly muttered 'What a beautiful eyes !!!!' She smiled at me.. and said' Hi, I am Marga Von Bon from The Netherlands'. For the very first time, I am seeing an old , beautiful Dutch lady....

Suddenly I regained my senses and understood that she actually had spoken in English ... Ohh my God !!!.... I can not express the feeling now,what I felt at that moment.. a sigh of relax....!!!!!

I introduced myself to her and by my luck, she was also going to 'Schiphol' with the same flight. She was also in worry about her luggage and no one understood her also at the Airport.

So I explained her about the luggage and she also started interacting with me in English and helped me a lot. She did not know much English .. coz in Netherlands, people speak 'Dutch' and English very rarely. But they do try to speak.

So after about an 2 hours later, our flight number displayed and we both literally started running to find the Terminal of our flight. After 15-20 minutes, exploring the whole Airport, we reached to 'Checking' section and then we both said good bye to our problems ... and took off to Netherlands :)

That kind old lady, really took cake of mine like her child and helped me a lot .. as I was travelling for the first time to abroad and that to alone ....

When we landed at Netherlands, 'Schiphol Airport', we moved to take our baggage. She got her quickly within 5 minutes.. but mine ?????????????

I again started worrying .... I could not see my bag though 15-20 minutes had already passed. But she stayed there to pamper me and to make me feel like at home country.... Actually need not to wait until I receive my bag... But she accompanied me to relax me ...... We waited for more than half hour, and finally I saw my bag ... husshhhh......

At that point, we both said good bye to each other with the gratitude....

I would never forget this such a lovely and caring experience in my whole life :)

Since that day, I really share a special bond with 'Dutch'

No comments: