Thursday, August 5, 2010

First Sunday in Netherlands ......

On Saturday, we returned back to home at 8.30 pm from Keukenhof. Since morning we were only walking in excitement to explore the new things.. but when we settled down at night, slowly my body started paining.... I could not realized as I was much more tired and wanted a deep sound sleep. I had never walked so much earlier and that to continuously….

Really, when our mind is excited, it shows a perfect chemistry with our body ….. and does things never done before… the same thing happened to me….

Next morning, when I woke up, I was not even able to keep my feet on floor… terrific pain in my whole body…. At least I should had had a pain killer, but it didn’t strike me at night.

So ultimately we decided to stay at home … very nervous but had no other way… I had ruined one Sunday in my life….

I took enough rest till afternoon …Till then; it was the perfect lazy day.... I went downstairs, took a long breath, went near the window.... and shocked seeing outside view ..... each and every 'dutch' was getting ready with their cars, bikes and bicycles !!!!....Earlier, I had heard that Dutch people are the happiest and enthusiastic people on the earth…. That moment I experienced the truth …After a week or two, they were enjoying sunny day....started for outings....

The day was really shiny and warm.... we missed it half...... We planned to go out at evening, roam around, do some window shopping and have dinner at good restaurant …… At 5.30 pm, we went out also …. But….. :( :( :(  We came to know, everything was closed ….shops, some restaurants, parks…. It was like pin-drop silence on roads…..

I knew that Dutch people love to live each moment….. That is fine …. But they keep all shops closed and everyone enjoys the weekends ….. ?????!!!!!! Strange and shocking to me ….Because in Pune, actual day starts at evening on Sunday…. And lasts late night….

I know it is very difficult to adjust other culture….. but I believe that no culture is absolutely perfect in it … The only thing we can do is to accept the culture as it is and try to be the part of it….. Then only we can know why this is so…..

Its just about how you react to the change.....

No comments: